Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery
Surgical weight loss is intended for those individuals who have metabolic disorders with significant obesity or for those with morbid obesity who have attempted conservative weight loss measures and have failed to achieve their weight loss goals. Our skilled Bariatric surgeons, Dr. Jonathan Taylor and Dr. James Froelich, are post residency trained in laparoscopic surgical procedures as well as the gastric sleeve and the lap band procedures.
Our surgeons provide free public seminars at both the Baton Rouge General and Woman's Hospital. As they are scheduled, programs will be posted in our announcements section on the home page of this website.
If you have more questions and need to speak to one of our team members, please call 225-246-9222 to contact the Baton Rouge Clinic Surgical Weight Loss program coordinator.
- Lap-band Gastric Banding System
- The LAP-BAND® Adjustable Gastric Banding System was the first U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved adjustable gastric band for use in weight reduction. It was approved by the FDA in June 2001 and is the newest and only adjustable surgical treatment for morbid obesity in the United States. It induces weight loss by reducing the capacity of the stomach, which restricts the amount of food that can be consumed.
- FDA Approved
- Performed as a minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure
- For Morbid Obesity
- Gastric Sleeve
- A procedure whereby the size of the stomach is reduced greatly, thus reducing the quantity of food an individual can consume
- For morbid obesity
- Requires no placement of an artificial device in the body
- Performed as a minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure
Diseases of the Breast
There are many approaches and ongoing innovations to the management of breast diseases. Our services span all aspects of evaluation and intervention and range from providing personal consultations and/or affirming questionable changes on a mammogram to minimally invasive biopsy procedures and breast sparing surgical excisions of breast cancer which could avoid radical mastectomy (when clinically appropriate).
We at the Baton Rouge Clinic understand the importance of entrusting such sensitive decisions to thoroughly trained professionals, who have unique fellowship training in diseases of the breast. We are proud to have the only fellowship trained breast cancer surgeon in the state of Louisiana, Everett J. Bonner, MD.
- Breast Lumps
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Sparing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Fibrocystic Disease of the Breast
- Abnormal Mammogram Evaluation and Opinion
- Breast lesion evaluation (with or without abnormal mammogram)
- Mammotome breast lump evaluations and biopsy
- Sentinel Node Identification and Excision
- Breast Pain of Uncertain Origin
General surgery is provided for anything from hernia repairs to major cancer surgery and organ removal. It is performed through traditional open surgical approaches as well as through minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques (depending on the type and purpose of the surgery).
Other surgeries are also offered for other body areas and are dependent upon the condition being addressed. The list below notes some of the most common surgeries we perform.
- Hernia repair
- Gastro-Esophageal Reflux (GERD) intervention
- TIF (transoral incisionless fundoplication) procedure for the treatment of GERD
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication
- Diseases of the Colon
- Colon Cancer
- Minimally invasive abdominal surgeries
- Endocrine surgeries
- Cancer or oncologic surgery
Otolaryngology, or otorhinolaryngology, is the branch of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the ear, nose, and throat. For that reason the branch is often referred to as ENT.
Our board certified ENT physicians are well-trained professionals who treat infants, children and adults. Our physicians exercise great care and judgment before recommending any type of invasive or surgical procedures, providing important peace of mind for you and for your children.
- Hearing evaluations
- Hearing Aids
- Tinnitus (persistent ear ringing) Evaluations
- Recurrent vertigo evaluations
- Laryngoscopy/Vocal Cord Evaluation
- Sinus Surgery
- Snoring Evaluation
- Pediatric Sinus Disease
- Head and Neck Tumors
- Skin Cancer Removal and Reconstruction
Pediatric Surgical Services
Our mission is to be your personal, meaningful partner in your child’s growth and development to help them achieve their full potential. The Baton Rouge Clinic's pediatricians are board certified, caring and compassionate specialists who strive to provide the same care for your child that they expect for their own.
General surgery involves operations that may involve anything from hernia repairs to major cancer surgery and organ removal. It is performed through traditional open surgical approaches as well as using minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques (depending on the type and purpose of the surgery).
Other surgeries are also performed on other body areas as well and is dependent upon the condition being addressed. The list below notes some of the many surgeries performed by our skilled and board certified surgeons
- Preventive Health Care (Birth- Age 21)
- Circumcisions for newborns
- Ear Piercing
- ADHD Management
- Vaccine administration and tracking
The Baton Rouge Clinic offers urological care of the highest quality for men and women.Our urologists are dedicated to providing advanced, innovative services with compassion and sensitivity. They exercise great concern before recommending surgical procedures and offer minimally invasive and robotic solutions when possible.
Our urologists are capable of treating and managing disorders such as kidney stones, recurrent bladder infections and impotence. They also offer intervention for mechanical disorders of the female bladder that cause urinary incontinence. Other areas of surgical expertise include the treatment of renal, bladder, and testicular cancers.
Below is a list of some of the urological illnesses our urologists treat.
- Treatment of urological malignancies
- Men's health issues
- Erectile dysfunction treatment
- Annual Urological Check-up
- Treatment of renal and ureteral stones
- Renal stone prevention
- Female incontinence evaluation and treatment
- Management of neurogenic bladder,
- Basic pediatric urology
- Urodynamic evaluation of voiding dysfunction general anesthesia
- Prostate biopsies
- Small urological procedures which do not require general anesthesia
- Laparoscopic procedures on the kidney
- Surgical procedures which involve urinary bladder and prostrate
The Baton Rouge Clinic has a group of board-certified vascular surgeons who are trained to treat a variety of conditions that block or partially block blood vessels to the point that an organ or a limb is at risk.
Our surgeons can diagnose, treat and manage diseases affecting all parts of the vascular system, with the exception of the heart and the brain.
More specifically, our surgeons are skilled in the minimally invasive placement of stints, endovascular sleeves, and endovascular surgery that actually reduces aretiosclerotic plaque burden.
Below is a list of some of the vascular conditions our surgeons treat.
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Minimally Invasive Endovascular Sleeve Placement
- Surgical Resection
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD)
- Minimally Invasive Endovascular Stint Placement
- Surgical Repair
- Carotid Artery Blockage
- Minimally Invasive Endovascular Therapy
- Surgical Repair
- Minimally Invasive Stints for Blocked Arteries
- Endovascular Sleeve Placement
- Varicose Vein Management
- Endovascular surgery