Endocrinology is a sub-specialty within the field of internal medicine. Endocrinologists diagnose and treat diseases associated with internal glandular secretions or hormones. Included in this field are diseases of diabetes, the thyroid, cholesterol disorders, hypertension, osteoporosis, adrenal and pituitary glands, hormonal disorders causing infertility, low blood sugar, lack of development and low blood pressure and weight problems.
Services provided include consultations, diagnostic evaluation, follow-up, hormone testings, provocative tests for hormone reserve, thyroid biopsy, nutritional evaluation and counseling.
- Accredited Diabetic Education Program
- Registered Dietitians
- Certified Diabetic Nurse Educators
- 24 hour Glucose Monitoring
- Management of Insulin Pumps
- Insulin administration classes
- Obesity evaluations
- Pediatric Delayed height development
- Pediatric Diabetic Management
- Osteoporosis evaluation and bone loss management
- Fine needle aspirate of thyroid - palpable or ultrasound guided